Grand Danube Passage
Oct. 4 - 19, 2023
Price begins at $5,695 per person if booked by December 31, 2022.
No single supplement for solo travelers.
River tour with AHI Travel.
Price based on double occupancy and does not include port or air transportation costs.
Visit the co-branded website for more details.
Experience the cultures and time-honored heritage of eight distinct countries while sailing the Danube River! Plus, bookend your cruise with stays in Sofia, Bulgaria, and Prague, Czech Republic. This special, handcrafted itinerary presents fascinating landmarks, iconic cities and authentic experiences to provide you with an up-close look at each destination. Witness cathedrals, synagogues and fortresses that spring from the pages of storybooks, and stroll through medieval towns brimming with hallowed history. Visit Vienna, Bratislava and Belgrade, and feast your eyes on an illuminated Budapest on an evening cruise. During your nine-night river adventure, discover beauty around every bend, from the picturesque Wachau Valley to Melk Abbey and the Iron Gate Gorge to idyllic villages perched above. Taste delicacies in Croatia’s Slavonia region and celebrate rich culture while enjoying a folk show and Viennese waltz performance. Along the way, included excursions immerse you in each destination’s cuisine, architecture, local life and much more. You’ll enjoy first-class ship accommodations, deluxe hotels and a generous meal plan featuring wine and beer with lunch and dinner. There is no single supplement for solo travelers!
- Witness Budapest’s glowing, amber skyline during an evening sail on the Danube.
- Gaze at the scenic wonder of the Iron Gate Gorge, an engineering marvel.
- Discover the history and grandeur of timeless Vienna.
- Delight in the beguiling, relaxed ambience of Bratislava’s old town.
- Applaud the graceful turns and flowing movements of elegant waltz dancers during an exclusive performance.
- Sip full-bodied, fragrant vintages during a wine tasting in Pécs.
- Marvel at the lush, storybook landscape of the Wachau Valley.
- Savor a moment of quiet thought in the marbled halls of Melk Abbey.
- Experience five UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Day 1 Depart gateway city
Day 2 Arrive in Sofia and transfer to hotel
Day 3 Sofia
Day 4 Sofia | Vidin | Embark ship
Day 5 Iron Gate Gorge
Day 6 Belgrade
Day 7 Vukovar | Osijek
Day 8 Mohacs | Pécs
Day 9 Budapest
Day 10 Bratislava
Day 11 Vienna
Day 12 Dürnstein | Wachau Valley | Melk
Day 13 Passau | Disembark ship | Prague
Day 14 Prague
Day 15 Prague
Day 16 Transfer to Prague airport and depart for gateway city
- 2 nights in Sofia, Bulgaria, at the deluxe Sofia Hotel Balkan.
- 9 nights aboard the exclusively chartered, first-class MS Amadeus Silver II.
- 3 nights in Prague, Czech Republic, at the deluxe Art Deco Imperial Hotel.
|Sofia, Bulgaria, to Prague, Czech Republic|