Apulia ~ Undiscovered Italy
Nov. 1 - 9, 2023
Price begins at $3,395 per person if booked by December 31, 2022.
No single supplement for solo travelers.
Land tour with AHI Travel.
Price based on double occupancy and does not include VAT or air transportation costs.
Visit the co-branded website for more details.
Indulge your senses on this enchanting, seven-night stay in seaside Polignano a Mare, nestled in the heart of Italy’s Apulia region. Spend sunny days immersed in Roman history and heritage as you travel through gentle, fertile plains to fishing villages, family-run farms and medieval towns that leap from fairytales. In Alberobello, follow cobbled lanes to unique, conical trulli, and visit ancient Matera, famous for its sassi, incredible neighborhoods built from stone dwellings. Bask in breathtaking Locorotondo, where gleaming buildings coil around a hilltop setting, and wander through the narrow alleys of Ostuni’s Old Town. Experience the dazzling waterfronts and historic neighborhoods of Trani and Bari, and discover Lecce’s remarkable baroque stonework, including the opulent Basilica of Santa Croce. Savor Apulia’s simple cuisine, heirloom recipes crafted with a balanced use of land and sea. Plus, enjoy wine at a family-owned vineyard and tour an olive oil mill, followed by lunch. This small-group journey features an exclusive lecture series, a first-class hotel and an extensive meal plan with wine at dinner. No single supplement for solo travelers!
- From your hotel’s terrace, witness magnificent Adriatic skies melt into the cerulean sea.
- View the Sassi districts of Matera, a 2019 European Capital of Culture.
- Delight in Lecce’s architecture, from its Roman amphitheater to churches adorned with cherubs and gargoyles.
- Take in sweeping panoramic views of the Apulian countryside at a local vineyard.
- Discover Alberobello’s fascinating conical trulli houses and wander the narrow lanes of luminous Ostuni.
- Taste Apulia’s simple, fresh cuisine crafted with homegrown flavors and family heirloom recipes.
- Delight in the exquisite charms and laid-back atmosphere of Locorotondo.
- Experience two UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Day 1 Depart gateway city
Day 2 Arrive in Bari and transfer to hotel in Polignano a Mare
Day 3 Bari | Polignano a Mare
Day 4 Locorotondo | Alberobello
Day 5 Lecce | Ostuni
Day 6 Polignano a Mare
Day 7 Matera
Day 8 Trani | Bisceglie
Day 9 Transfer to Bari airport and depart for gateway city
7 nights in Polignano a Mare, Italy, at the first-class Hotel Covo dei Saraceni.