The API Alumni Network is an official group open to Oregon State alumni and friends who identify with and support Asian, Asian-American, South Asian, East Asian, Southeast Asian and Oceanic alumni and students. Our goal is to hold space for learning and healing, fostering mentorship between alumni and students, and facilitating new connections.
There are many ways to be involved: spread the word within your network, join us for an event as an attendee or as a volunteer, or join the leadership team to help plan group activities. Contact our leadership team or join our Facebook group for more information.
Objectives and Goals
- Stay connected and reconnect with alumni and friends of Oregon State
- Expand networks of alumni both in and outside of Oregon
- Engage alumni and students through social and professional opportunities and activities
- Fill out the interest form to learn more about how to make an impact with the API Alumni Network.
- Initiate mentor-based relationships between alumni and students
- Give to programs that benefit and support API students at Oregon State
- Asian & Pacific Cultural Center (APCC)
- Educational Opportunities Program (EOP)
- Asian and Pacific Cultural Center (APCC)
- Diversity and Cultural Engagement
- Oregon State University Land Acknowledgement
Check back soon for more events.
The Power of Humility, Connection and Resiliency
In a TED-style talk during API Heritage Month 2020, alumni shared diverse stories interwoven with common themes: humility, connection and resiliency. Watch the recorded webcast below.
API Alumni Network Mixer 2020
Engaging with the API Alumni Network means reconnecting with familiar friends — and meeting new ones, too! View photos from a group mixer in Portland, the first event for the newly formed network.
View the Album
Maiyee Yuan, ’16
Reagan Le, ’04, MAIS ’07
Janet Nishihara, ’78, ED ’83