Alumni Career Development
Alumni Career Development
The OSU Alumni Association is dedicated to helping you grow professionally. Whether you’re looking to progress within your field, improve your network or make a career change, we want you to have the resources you need to succeed.
- OSU Connections
Surround yourself with inspiration when you join OSU Connections – the online hub for Beavers to grow their personal and professional networks. Hundreds of Oregon Staters are already using OSU Connections to be introduced to like-minded Beavers, reconnect with former classmates, find or post jobs, gain career resources and so much more.
- Beavers Careers Group on LinkedIn
Beavs help Beavs get jobs. Connect with Oregon State alumni, faculty and staff for career advice, discussions and networking.
Get Involved with the OSU Alumni Association
We have a variety of events you can participate in to meet alumni.
Finding a Job
- Handshake (OSU's Job Board)
Handshake is an online career management system and a great way for alumni to start their job search. Through Handshake, you can connect with over 500,000 hiring companies, unique events and jobs from recruiters, and receive personalized recommendations. Register online here.
OSU alumni have access to the international job searching platform GoinGlobal. Alumni may also access this resource through Handshake.
- Parker Dewey: micro-internship platform
Micro-internships provide a new way for alumni to connect with current students. Give your time and expertise back to our community while showing students how their classroom experiences connect to careers. Create your free account in just a few minutes.
Your education didn’t stop at graduation. We are here to help you keep going.
- Oregon State University Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) helps you achieve a new level of success in as little as five weeks. Turn your hobby into a potential career, become more marketable and negotiate a higher salary.
- The OSU College of Business offers in-person executive training, online certificates and courses to extend your skills. You can complete a single course in five to seven weeks or earn a full certificate in six to nine months. All OSU alumni receive 15% off with discount code ALUM15. Explore the options.
- Oregon State MBA
OSU MBA has a special scholarship for ALL OSU alumni (of any college). Alumni don’t have to apply for it, they just ‘get’ it when they are admitted to the MBA. We call it the Beaver for Life scholarship. Learn more.
Have questions? Ask us your career-related questions.
A few examples are:
- “How has the crisis changed/altered how you are offering your career support?” -Catherine in Portland
- "As a recent graduate, what advice do you have to help me stand out or increase my chances to rise to the top of the prospect list?” - Sean in Seattle
Here are some resources we've created to address those questions: Class of 2021 page, on demand and live webinars and connection events.
Your questions help shape our programming and services to better support you. Send us your questions in the form below.