Congratulations to the 2021 Jean and C.H. "Scram" Graham Leadership Award Recipient - Wade Westhoff, ’93
During his undergraduate days, third-generation Oregon Stater Wade Westhoff was a long-snapper on the football team and was known as a “glue” player who help maintain tight bonds among his teammates. He has played much the same role as a Beaver volunteer leader, served in multiple roles on the Alumni Association Board of Directors — including two years as chair — during which time he was instrumental in completing negotiations for the integration of the OSU Alumni Association and the OSU Foundation, as well as heading the 2018 search committee for a new OSUAA Executive Director. A life member of the OSUAA and an active volunteer, he spurred social and career engagement among alumni and friends in the Bay Area. After he and his family relocated to Bend, his work continued in the OSU-Cascades community of Central Oregon.
View Wade Westhoff's memory book - signed by friends and family to recognize his achievements.
Donate to the OSUAA Board Scholarship for undergraduate students in Wade's honor.
Jean and C.H. "Scram" Graham Leadership Award Requirements
Every outstanding university depends greatly upon the loyal service of its alumni and friends. Scram ’35 and Jean ‘36 Graham. Scram joined the alumni association of his alma mater in 1961 as the Executive Director and served for seventeen years. Jean and Scram's abiding love for Oregon State University, their strong commitment to maintaining OSU traditions and ideals, and their loyal and tireless support of the University deserve special recognition. In their honor this award is given.
- Open to any alumnus, friend, or member of the OSU family who has volunteered time and service to the Alumni Association on the board of directors of worked for the OSU Alumni Association
- Significance of service will be considered
- Integrity of recipient and demonstrated service to the Association must be of such high quality as to inspire others to emulate the standards Jean and Scram represent
- Must be willing to receive the award in person at the awards ceremony
Those Ineligible for Nominations:
- A candidate for any public office
- One currently serving as a member of the OSU Alumni Association Board of Directors or the OSU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Any current Oregon State University or OSU Foundation employee
- Nominations for the award are encouraged from any source
- All nominations shall be kept confidential
- Forms for making nominations shall be furnished by the Alumni Office and are available at the link below
- Nominations may be made at any time. If a nominee is not selected the first year they are nominated their file will remain active for two years following their nomination.