Beavs, Brews and BBQs @ Tailgate Town
Don’t miss this Veterans Day experience as alumni, students and football fans gather for OSUAA Tailgate Town at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center. This Veterans Day, Nov. 11, join hundreds of Beaver faithful for a memorable culinary and brewing experience to honor our veterans at our inaugural Beavs, Brews and BBQs event before we char the Stanford Cardinal at Reser Stadium.
Registration includes 10 2-ounce BBQ samples (brisket and pork belly), BBQ sides from N'Reeners Catering, and three beer samples, one of each from Block 15 Brewing, 10Barrel Brewing and Crux Fermentation Project's "Cheers to the Land" series from Oregon Agricultural Trust.
Saturday, Nov. 11
11:30 a.m. | 2:30 p.m. kickoff
CH2M HILL Alumni Center
- “Beaver’s Choice” BBQ Competition - Enjoy and vote for the best delicious brisket and pork belly created by four professional PNW pitmaster teams and OSU's very own Army ROTC team, along with all the side dishes for a tasty meal. You can engage with the pitmasters about barbecuing techniques you love and check out their cooking setups as they cook through Friday night into Saturday for the event.
- Sample three “Cheers to the Land” beers from local Oregon breweries in partnership with Oregon
farmers, brought to you by Oregon Agricultural Trust:
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co.: Northwest Pale Ale with Oregon-grown Great Western malt, Mecca Pale and Crystal malt, both from Central Oregon and El Dorado hops grown in Oregon by Crosby Hops.
- Block 15 Brewing: Pale Ale, West Coast take on the classic American Pale Ale featuring Oregon Promise malt, a Salmon-Safe variety from the OSU barley breeding program that Mainstem Malt malted, and Cascade hops from B&D farms in St. Paul, Oregon.
- Crux Fermentation Project: IPA, West Coast India Pale Ale with all Oregon ingredients, including Salmon-Safe grains from NE Oregon, malted by Gold Rush Malt in Baker City, Centennial hops from Goschie Farms in Silverton, and Cascade hops from Crosby Hop Farm in Woodburn.
- Rock out to Party of 4 music, a local band playing your favorite tunes
- Donate to the Oregon State University Military & Veteran Student Scholarship at registration by selecting the “gift” option before checkout
- Check out a military service vehicles provided by the OSU Military Veterans Resource Center
- Pick up some cool swag
- Plus, savor a brand-new flavor of Beaver Classic Ice Cream, made by students in the College of Agricultural Sciences Food Science and Technology Department — available for purchase, not included with ticket.
We are thankful to our partners for helping us make this event memorable for our veterans:
- Painted Hills Beef
- Carlton Farms
- Mike White of Best Damn BBQ Sauce
- “Cheers to the Land” from Oregon Agricultural Trust
- Crux Fermentation Project
- 10Barrel Brewing
- Block 15 Brewing
- OSU Military Veterans Resource Center
- OSU Department of Food Science & Technology
- Beaver Classic
- OSU Clark Meat Science Center
- BBQ Nation podcast & radio show with Jeff Tracy
Register for Beavs, Brews & BBQs today, and learn more about joining OSUAA Tailgate Town additional festivities.
*Dates, times and other details for in-person events are subject to change.
Photos and videos from this event may be used in Oregon State University promotional materials. By attending this event, you consent to have your photo taken and appear in videos and allow use of these photographs and videos by OSU, the Foundation or the Alumni Association for promotional purposes.